Friday, July 17, 2009
Promotional Products - What are they? When is the right time to use them?
I have just read this great article on promotional products from the blog of Falkins Advertising Specialties and I have posted for you to read,
The greatest value of Promotional Products comes from their ability to get an effective, targeted marketing message in front of the prospects and clients you have to reach, without the wastes high costs associated with other media.
The definition of “Promotional Products”, is any useful item showing off your company logo, name or advertising message, however the best promotional products don’t just brand, they generate actual, measurable results.
WHAT IS A SUCCESFUL PROMOTION?
• An audience-appropriate product. – The most compelling marketing message in the world is lost on the recipient if the promotional item is not appropriate to your target audience.
• An effective message. – Very often, a promotional product shows only a company name or logo without any strong benefit statement, advantage or call to action. It usually costs no more to add these things to the imprint, but it can have a dramatic effect on the entire campaign.
• Targeted, Qualified recipients. – Very few companies can afford to market to everyone, so each promotion should be geared towards your target audience.
• Timing is everything. – A perfect marketing message delivered either too soon or too late does not produce positive results. I.e.: Calendars!
When you imprint an audience-appropriate product with an effective marketing message and deliver it to motivated recipient at the proper time, you dramatically increase your likelihood of success. Falkins Advertising helps our clients to master the four factors of a successful promotion!
WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR PROMTIONAL PRODUCTS?
There are over 650,000 items available providing a wealth of choices to fit any target audience and message.
According to the PPAI (Promotional Products Association International) the top 10 promotional product categories in North America are;
1. Wearables 29.3%
2. Writing Instruments 10.6%
3. Desk/office. Business accessories 7.6%
4. Calendars 7%
5. Bags 5.9%
6. Glassware/ceramics 5.5%
7. Recognition awards, watches/clocks etc. 4%
8. Magnets/buttons/badges/stickers 3.5%
9. Automotive accessories 3.5%
10. Sporting goods/leisure products 3.3%
If you would like to enhance your image and achieve a stronger bottom line through the use of promotional products please contact Bruce at;
Falkins Advertising Specialties
"Promotional Products to Brand YOUR Business"